Although daily headaches are a common occurrence for many people, they are not normal and shouldn’t be ignored. An obvious assumption would be that you are experiencing chronic headaches due to vision issues or dehydration. That may be the case, but we have found that this is not usually the root cause.
Most people will turn to Ibuprofen, aspirin, or Tylenol to deal with the pain but, of course, a headache is not caused by a deficiency of an over the counter pain killer. In order to treat a headache, we need to find the root cause of the pain.
With appropriate chiropractic care, the vast majority of tension headaches, including migraines, can be successfully treated.
- Subluxation (misalignment of the bones) of the neck or spine- this is the most common cause of daily tension headaches. This can cause:
- Muscle tensions- causing pain in the neck and shoulders.
- Pressure on occipital nerves- causing more pain throughout the head, behind the eyes, vertigo symptoms, fatigue and other possible symptoms.
- Chiropractic Adjustment- this eliminates pressure on the nerves and relieves the muscle tension, correcting the root cause of the problem.
- Specific stretches to help relieve the muscle pain.
- Correct posture helps prevent future issues.
Migraine Headaches usually follow this same pattern and can be relieved with chiropractic care. They are more difficult to treat, but our experience with thousands of patients has shown we are able to naturally decrease the frequency and intensity of even the worst migraine sufferers.